UCLA Writing Programs does much for undergraduates, graduate students, and the broader community:
- We teach courses that have a clear impact on student success both within and outside of the academy. Read about what our students are saying about Writing Programs courses here.
- We run an undergraduate peer tutorial center (the Undergraduate Writing Center) that helps thousands of students over the course of a year.
- We administer prizes for excellence in writing and research. Learn more about our Undergraduate Writing Awards here.
- We offer a summer workshop for high school students that, through a scholarship program, reaches students who are too often left outside the university. Learn more about the Summer ESL Program here.
- We help graduate students effectively teach a diverse student body and offer a graduate certificate in teaching writing. Learn more about our work with graduate students here.
We’re always looking to do still more. You may choose to direct your gift to any of the above areas.
If you would like to know more of our ongoing or developing initiatives, please contact Christine Holten (Director of Writing Programs and the UWC) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Janet Goodwin (Associate Director of Writing Programs) at email@example.com.